Skip to content
We are open and have made changes to how we work to keep our patients and staff safe. For further information see this page
We are delighted to see you again and are looking forward to your visit. Please follow these simple precautions to help us keep you, and our staff, safe and healthy.
Always call before your visit
- Please telephone to make an appointment before you visit for any reason. If you arrive without an appointment we may not be able to see you – this is to ensure we can control the number of people within the practice at any one time.
- We will also have to ask you a few questions about your visit and use online or telephone consultation methods to reduce the amount of time that you have to spend in the practice.
- Our door may be locked when you arrive. Please call to let us know you have arrived and we will let you in as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Please attend on your own if you are able to do so.
When you arrive
- Please wait by the door and allow us to take your temperature using our non-contact thermometer. If your temperature is high you will be advised to seek medical advice and return when it is normal.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided. Please use this on arrival, and whenever requested throughout your time with us.
- We will ask you a few general health questions to confirm you do not have symptoms of coronavirus, and have not been in contact with anyone who has been advised to isolate.
- Please wear a mask or other face covering for the duration of your visit.
During your examination
- As part of the examination we will have to be quite close for short periods of time, and we will manage the risks in this by keeping this time to an absolute minimum.
- We will be using imaging technology to examine the inside of your eyes, so we won’t have to get as close to you as we used to.
- Depending on your eye-care needs, We may ask you to book a further appointment for other tests to be completed in a few months time or deferred until your next visit.
When choosing frames
- We will ask you to sanitise your hands again before trying on any frames.
- Once you have tried on a frame, please hand it back to us or leave it in the spaces as indicated. All frames will be thoroughly sanitised before being returned to display.
- Please remember to remain a safe distance from others while browsing.
- When your glasses are ready we may be able to arrange for these to be posted to you, or we will book a separate collection appointment.
Copyright © 2022 Walford and Round Opticians